SWAN Intervention Program for Abusers (SIP)
SWAN Intervention Program is a partner abuse intervention program that addresses domestic violence as a learned behavior based on power and control (Duluth Model). It IS NOT an anger management program.
Would You Benefit From SIP? Is This You?
If you answered "YES" to any, or all, of these questions, please let us show you a different way to deal with your partner, your children, and the way you deal with your problems and challenges.
What Topics Are Covered In SIP?
- Domestic Violence as a Learned Behavior
- The Use of Power and Control in Relationships
- Controlling Your Violence
- Domestic Abuse and The Law
- How to Stop the Cycle of Violence in Your Relationships
- Living Through Generational Violence
The Goals of the SWAN Intervention Program for Abusers:
- To assist in understanding their acts of violence against others.
- To assist in taking responsibility for their violence.
- To assist in recognizing their patterns of violence.
- To teach skills to stop controlling and violent behaviors.
- To recognize the things that influence and cause their violent actions.